COR16097 The Earth ResoundsJosquin, Brumel, Lassus
Josquin, Brumel and Lassus were truly European composers, leaving their origins to work in the top establishments of Aix-en-Provence, Ferrara, Rome and Munich. Their music has a unique sonority which will astound you all - from the depth of expression and fascinating texts of Josquin (prepare yourselves for the surreal nature of Praeter rerum seriem) to the overtly decorative mass movements of Brumel’s Missa Et ecce terraemotus where the 12 parts interweave in extensive imitation and thrilling tracery, culminating in the extraordinary harmonic stillness of Lassus’s Timor et tremor and his gorgeously evocative 10-part setting of Aurora lucis rutilat.
Please note: the Lossless versions of this recording were created directly from the 96kHz/24-bit studio masters.
1. Lassus: Aurora lucis rutilat
2. Josquin: Praeter rerum seriem
3. Lassus: Timor et tremor
4. Josquin: Huc me sydereo
5. Brumel: Gloria from Mass Et ecce terraemotus
6. Lassus: Magnificat secondi toni super Praeter rerum seriem
7. Brumel: Sanctus from Mass Et ecce terraemotus
8. Josquin: O virgo prudentissima a 6
9. Lassus: Magnificat octavi toni super Aurora lucis rutilat
Total Playing Time: 61:07